Today campers explored different ways seeds traveled and traced back where their food comes from.
In the adapt a seed activity, campers made vessels for their seeds to travel. Some taped their beans to vessels that could float or fly.
During the deconstructed lunch activity, they chose foods that they had for lunch and traced back where they came from.
During the morning, groups made the crust for their pizzas and assembled them. They had a few different types: cheese pizza, basil pizza, and tomato-green pepper-onion pizza. They all enjoyed their pizza in the afternoon!
- 1 ¾ to 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope pizza crust yeast
- 1 ½ tsp. Sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
- 3 Tbs. oil
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl.
- Add very warm water and oil to mix
- Mix for about 1 minute
- Gradually add enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky, Knead on a floured surface for about four minutes.
- Pat dough to fill greased pan. Form rim by pinching the edges of dough.