Vegetable soup is the perfect snack to warm a pepper’s body on rainy or snowy days. Experiment with the recipe by adding your favorite vegetables to create a snack that is truly your own.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cans reduced-salt chicken broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pasta (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft, approximately 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, pasta, and parsley to sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots, and celery to soup and cook for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and if desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.