Welcome back to Day 5 of Farm Animal Camp!
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup crumbly salty cheese such as feta or cotija (optional)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbs cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Directions: Cut the corn kernels off the cob and freeze for 15 min. Coat the bottom of a large pan with a little olive oil. Heat the pan on high heat. When pan is hot, add frozen corn and spread into even layer. Stir occasionally until they start to toast. When they get a little browned, place in a bowl. Lay the zucchini pieces on the pan and brown on both sides, do not overcook, remove from pan. Place toasted corn kernels, chopped bell pepper, chopped zucchini, red onion, cilantro, and serrano into a large bowl. Add the cumin, olive oil, vinegar, and crumbly cheese. Mix gently. Salt and pepper to taste.
Follow the link for all of the pictures from our week! https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZxTDpzpKRAyb7ufW7