Looking for a new spread that everyone can enjoy? Look no further. Sunbutter is the perfect alternative to peanut butter to share with all our friends with nut allergies.
- 2 cups dry roasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pour sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, and honey into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add small stream of oil to the mixture if a ball forms in the food processor.
- Serve or refrigerate.
Homemade jam is the perfect complement to sunbutter. Try the recipe below. There’s no guilt in munching on some fresh fruit along the way!
- 2 quarts strawberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (1.75 oz) pectin
- Hull and wash strawberries.
- Wash raspberries.
- Smash strawberries and raspberries then add sugar and pectin.
- Mixture will gel in 2-3 hours.
- Refrigerate for a week or freeze for a month.